Saturday, June 13, 2015

In My Garage: 2007 Jaguar XK

At about the time I wrote the blog post called "British racing green". I started to be attracted to Jaguars and Astons. Fast forward a few years and I found myself window shopping for an X100 chassis XKR (2005-ish model year). after some feedback from owners. I decided that the next generation, X150 chassis, was a better drivers car. and I loved the styling of this coupe. I like this car in red, as it actually makes it look like an Italian exotic (a little bit).

I picked up the car below on Valentine's Day 2015, bought from a car dealer in Naperville, Illinois. The car, when new, had a window sticker of $85,000. I got it when it was 9 years old, for almost exactly $20K. It had about 72,000 on the clock. The body was in excellent shape with minimal rock chips, and hardly a scratch. I have spent a few thousand in mechanical work, at my local dealer, since buying it. This car came with optional 20" Senta wheels, and a "luxury" option package, which included a premium sound system, leather interior, and other exterior details such as: chrome "gill" accent, wire grill, chrome side mirrors.

It has an all-aluminum monocoque chassis (can't rust), with a 300 hp, naturally aspirated, DOHC 4.2 V8, and a 6-speed automatic, with paddle shifters. This coupe is known as a 2+2. It's a two seater, but it has 2 "pretend" seats in back. (really just big enough for a purse or a shopping bag. This is done because it lowers insurance premiums, from just being a two seater.

It has very comfortable seats, plenty of power, and I look forward to this car as my go to, for long road trips.






Leather and burled walnut interior




Xenon HID projector headlights






A few stats on this car:

0-60 mph / QT mile

Motor Trend - 6.1 sec / 14.6 @ 97.4 mph
another Motor Trend - 5.8 sec / 14.3 @ 98.3 mph
Motor Week - 6.5 sec / 15.0 @ 97 mph
Jaguar itself claims - 5.9 / 14.4-14.5
0-60times.com -5.7 


A video Motorweek Review of the 2007 Jaguar XK



Testing the (then newly designed) Jaguar XK around the Nurburgring


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...